Health care is a team sport. It takes many skilled individuals — doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, therapists, imagining professionals and more — working together in harmony to diagnose, treat and help heal an injury or illness.
At Pediatrix, our team is vast, delivering care around the clock in every part of the country.
Every day, in 37 states, Pediatrix® clinicians and hearing screen technicians approximately:
- Treat 500 hospitalized pediatric patients
- Attend more than 400 births
- Conduct 2,600 newborn hearing screens
- Treat 1,600 high-risk pregnant patients
- Care for 5,300 babies in the NICU
- Evaluate more than 450 pediatric cardiology patients
- Attend to more than 2,400 newborns in the nursery
Our Pediatrix team trains regularly so they are ready for any situation — the middle-of-the-night delivery, the broken bone during after-school soccer practice, the cardiac anomaly spotted during a routine physical that needs to be addressed urgently — at any time.
This Labor Day, we honor our compassionate, devoted clinicians and hearing screen technicians, who sacrifice weekends and holidays with their loved ones and work long nights to help ensure that highly skilled care is there when and where patients need it.
From all of us at Pediatrix, thank you for all you do to care for your patients and communities.
If you’re interested in becoming part of our team, please check out our career opportunities.