Pediatrix Medical Group of Tennessee, part of the Mednax family, is expanding and seeking full-time and per diem OB/GYN hospitalists to join our new OB/GYN emergency department at TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. TriStar Centennial recognizes that every birth is unique and offers personalized care for women, including labor and delivery, gynecology and a 24/7 emergency room dedicated to obstetrics and gynecology needs. This philosophy is a perfect accompaniment to Mednax’s mission to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way™”. We invite you to join the Mednax family in Nashville and help shape the future of health care!
Can't find time to read? Listen to the blog here!
The Music City
Nashville was founded in 1779 and is most known for being a major center for the music industry, particularly country music. The city is also commonly referred to as the ‘Athens of the South’ due to its abundance of public and private universities, including Vanderbilt University, Tennessee State University and Belmont University. For sports fans, the city hosts both major and minor sports teams such as the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds.
A fun fact about Nashville is the town boasts several sister cities, including Belfast, Northern Ireland; Edmonton, Canada; and Kamakura, Japan, among many others, and frequently host activities for all ages to engage and learn about each other’s cultures.
Six reasons why Nashville makes the perfect home
From exceptional live music to historical landmarks, it’s no wonder Nashville is one of the top destinations in the U.S. We’ve gathered a handful of must-do activities around the city.
- Experience the past, present and future of country music at The Grand Ole Opry for a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience you won’t want to miss.
- Dive into the city’s rich history and traditions as you explore downtown Nashville’s art galleries, renowned restaurants and historic music venues playing live music 365 days a year.
- Fans of country music will also enjoy the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, which exhibits over 2.5 million artifacts from the genre’s biggest legends and treasures.
- Visit the birthplace of bluegrass at the historic Ryman Auditorium for tours during the day and world-class performances by night. The auditorium was even named ‘Theatre of the Year’ in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 by Pollstar Magazine!
- On the weekends, you can bring the whole family to the Nashville Zoo, a home for nearly 3,000 different animals, for an unforgettable wildlife experience.
- Can’t decide what to do? Catch a ride on a 'Hop On, Hop Off Bus' for a guided tour of the city and its most popular attractions.
The Mednax advantage
Mednax is a leading provider of obstetric and maternal-fetal services, dedicated to improving patient outcomes. Hospitals and clinicians partner with us to collaborate in the care of pregnant and laboring women through office and hospital based maternal-fetal services and OB/GYN hospitalist programs.
As a national, multi-specialty medical group, our clinicians collaborate across the care continuum, from conception to birth and beyond, to deliver high quality, evidence-based, cost-effective care. Our specialty-driven education and clinical programs support clinicians and hospitals in achieving better maternal and fetal outcomes while reducing care costs.
- Leadership opportunities
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- A nationwide network of collaborative providers
- Research, education, quality improvement and safety programs
If Nashville sounds like the right fit, explore our open full-time and per diem positions or contact Sharifa Grossman and Tim Howley for more information.